TORONTO — Pizzeria Libretto is celebrating its fifteenth anniversary with two weeks of nostalgic dishes beginning August 14. In tandem with the retro dishes making a comeback for the festivities, patrons can even count on the limited-time menu gadgets to honour costs from the pizzeria’s early years.
Co-owners chef Rocco Agostino and Max Rimaldi based Pizzeria Libretto’s first location at 221 Ossington Avenue in Toronto, one of many first institution’s within the metropolis to serve VPN-certified pizza inside the strict tips set out by the Napoli authorities.
The celebrations will kick off completely at Pizzeria Libretto’s Ossington location from August 14 to twenty, rolling out to the remaining 4 areas throughout Toronto on August 21 to 27.
The returning classics with retro pricing embody:
- ‘Nduja Crostini ($6): ‘nduja, pickled pink onion, libretto herbs, further virgin olive oil, maldon salt
- Ricotta Crostini ($6): whipped ricotta, truffle paste, wildflower honey, arugula, pistachio
- Asparagus Pizza ($14): panna sauce, asparagus, fior di latte, parmigiano-reggiano, lemon, mint, pecorino
- Cacciatore Pizza ($16): San Marzano tomato, fior di latte, basil, parmigiano-reggiano, cacciatore salami, libretto herbs, further virgin olive oil
- Chocolate Budino ($8): chocolate budino, olive oil, maldon salt
- Arugula Salad ($10): arugula, aged piave, pear, roasted walnuts, red-wine vinegar, further virgin olive oil
- Margherita Pizza ($13): San Marzano tomato, fior di latte, parmigiano-reggiano, basil, further virgin olive oil
- Negroni ($10): gin, vermouth mix, Campari
- Vigneti Salento ‘I Muri’ Negroamaro IGT ($8): pink wine from Puglia)
“Chef Rocco and I are extremely grateful to our company and employees who’ve supported and grown with us over the past 15 years,” says Rimaldi. “It goes with out saying that we’re celebrating our fifteenth anniversary due to the love and patronage of our company, lots of whom as soon as spent hours in line when our Ossington location first opened its doorways; this milestone is an amazing feat, one among which we might not be celebrating with out them, or with out the continuing work from our distinctive employees.”
“Over the past 15 years our menu has modified barely, however there are some fan favourites which have undoubtedly left their mark. Our anniversary menu will take diners on a scrumptious journey again in time, that includes off-menu dishes that we’ve been requested about many times,” says Agostino. “It’s a particular alternative for us to re-visit these dishes and share them as soon as once more with our loyal company who’ve supported us all through this unbelievable journey.”