OTTAWA — Meals Processing Expertise Canada has launched Expertise Coaching Throughout Canada (STAC), a brand new program designed for individuals in supervisor roles or people on a path in direction of a management place. STAC is a part of Reaching Our Workforce Vacation spot, which acquired an funding of $7.7 million from the Authorities of Canada’s Sectoral Office Options Program earlier this 12 months.
The Canadian food-and-beverage manufacturing trade employs 300,000 individuals in 13,000 companies throughout the nation. Inside the whole workforce, roughly 15,000 people are in supervisory positions and greater than 66 per cent of these people are males. The brand new STAC program has been designed to not solely acknowledge individuals in supervisor positions but in addition help the event of younger expertise.
Program highlights embody:
- Thirty-nine confirmed on-line programs in management, emotional intelligence, fairness, range and inclusion and meals security
- Entry to a Studying Administration System with employer and worker dashboards to trace progress and simplify program participation
- Pathway for workers to entry one other program without charge to turn out to be a Canadian Licensed Meals Manufacturing Supervisor
- Worker participant teaching, Chromebooks, completion bonuses, babysitting subsidy and commencement packages
- One-to-one technical and professional help and onboarding sources
- Worker entry to dam chain verified digital credentials that may be saved in a digital pockets
- Entry to HR Workshops & Mentorship for collaborating staff
“An necessary a part of the brand new coaching curriculum is the addition of Meals Processing Expertise Canada’s Acahkos — a novel method to social emotional studying. Now we have mixed on-line coaching with team-based, interactive studying to help people with interpersonal relations, adaptability, empathy and resilience for navigating a wide range of conditions and making certain a welcoming and productive office. To enrich Acahkos, we now have additionally added 5 thrilling new programs in fairness, range and inclusion,” says Jennefer Griffith, government director, Meals Processing Expertise Canada.
“In 2022, Shediac Lobster Store participated in a pilot program that served as the premise for the brand new Expertise Coaching Throughout Canada. The expertise for our firm staff boosted not solely expertise, however morale and crew spirit. We proceed to depend on the management and emotional intelligence coaching we acquired to turn out to be a workforce we’re actually happy with,” says Lana Maillet, HR supervisor, Shediac Lobster Store Ltd.